Kansas Employer Crisis Diversion Services Therapist (on-call) PRN in Cowley County, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12832579 GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Comprehensive emergency services including providing consultations,
intakes and emergency individual appointments, screenings, and developing and overseeing crisis
intervention and hospital diversion plans. Shall adhere to the ethical code established by the organizations
governing his/her profession as well as the professional standards outlined in the Personnel Policies and
Procedure Manual of Four County Mental Health Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Quantity: Work scheduled hours (daytime or on-call), responding to phone calls, walk-ins, and
requests from other agencies for screenings, consults, and outpatient services. Responds to requests
for information on procedures, etc. from other agencies.
2. Judgment: Gather necessary information to make determination as to the least restrictive, yet most
appropriate level of care required for the patient. Develop and oversee implementation of diversion
plans or hospitalization arrangements. Utilize information from patient, other pertinent parties and
3. Clinical: Gathers sufficient information to make a provisional diagnosis. Develop plans that address
the treatment needs of the patient. Works as a member of treatment team in providing information
about patients current functioning and needs.
4. Documentation: Completes all necessary documentation in the time allowed. Notifies patients
primary physician of treatment being provided (when patient consents).
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Exhibit and promote decisions / behavior consistent with the Centers established Vision, Mission,
2. Any deviations to the work schedule and all overtime must be approved in advance if non-exempt.
3. Participate in continuing education and inservice training programs provided by the Center.
4. Present information to public or other agencies as assigned.
5. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.