Bridgewood Cabinetry Plant Manager in Chanute, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12542355
We are actively searching for a Plant Manager to join our team here in Chanute, KS. This team member will be responsible for coordinating the company\'s manufacturing processes to strive for operational excellence.\ \ We are a family-owned company and have been manufacturing wood furniture and cabinets for over 45 years. Our mission is to combine high-quality materials with our experience to craft beautiful custom cabinetry that will complete the home our customers have been dreaming about. And that all starts with YOU!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leading, coaching, mentoring, and holding accountable the operations management team.
- Implements team compensation and reward systems through generating goals and accountability within the team.
- Organizes team roles and responsibilities and ensures staffing to fulfill them.
- Oversees employee engagement and retention process and activities.
- Coordinates with HR Director to ensure adequate recruiting and proper selection.
- Conducts team disciplinary actions as needed.
- Coordinates with the HR Director on termination and hiring decisions as needed.
- Leads operations by example - ensures there is a face to executive management throughout the plant.
Production and Operations
- Helps ensure manufacturing efficiency including evaluation and changes of process and machinery.
- Identifies opportunities to restructure current work processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Works to specify technology integrations needed.
- Helps oversee engineering of all new product/process improvements through manufacturing.
- Manages Plant Engineer and Lean Engineer.
- Coordinates with manufacturing managers to ensure production priorities are set and met.
- Expedites projects through the plant.
- Integrates with the sales department to provide insight and collect forecasts.
- Integrates with company administration to receive reporting and provide input for decision support.
- Key contact for manufacturing vendors and suppliers to ensure optimal support to plant.
- Plans plant-wide policies, events, and schedules along with ensuring adequate facilities coordination.
- Oversight of Maintenance Manager.
- Develop and implement a Quality Department and system that meets the needs of the facility.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Department
- Oversight of HSE Manager.
- Evaluates HSE indicators and takes action to ensure performance.
- Encourages a proactive, safety-first culture.