Orizon Aerostructures Paint Assistant 2nd/3rd Shift in Chanute, Kansas
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Read and understand work order requirements.
· Identify parts with printed and/or electronic pictures.
· Must be willing to work overtime, when required, including weekends.
· Performs and trains additional employees in all paint processes documentation and Paint Systems’ operation.
· Must be capable of performing all paint preparation activities.
· Works with the Paint Systems Manager/supervisor, quality engineer, and the chemical engineer/lab to develop and implement new processes.
· Working directly with Management, Production Support, and Quality department personnel.
· Maintains Production Matrix Boards when needed.
· Is trained in the Ultra C-Lean/6s process and ensures department personnel are following the process.
· Assists with and participates in Internal Audits.
· Trains internal employees to support internal audits.
· Participates in NADCAP and 3 Party audits as necessary
· Reviews Prime customer specifications and verifies the accuracy Work Order Codes.
· Assists in overseeing Operator Verification Procedure to ensure compliance.
· Actively participates in Root Cause and Corrective Actions.
· Assists with scheduled Testing/System checks are performed as required per Prime customer specifications are completed in the time allowed.
· Helps to implement new procedures and processes in the Paint Systems Department.
· Oversees training of all personnel within the department and ensures training is documented as required.
· Coordinates communications between department personnel, quality personnel, and customer service representatives to ensure production and customer purchase order requirements are met.
· Identifies equipment, training, and service needs and forwards them to the department Manager/Supervisor.
· Must be able to generate ORIZON Reports in order to coordinate workflow and manage day-to-day operations of department personnel in the absence of the department Manager/Supervisor.
· Assist with documentation and enforcement of company policies.
Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas.
Adhere to all safety requirements and assist with the enforcement compliance.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
· Handles customer supplied product with care.
· Maintain and reinforce ORIZON’s quality standards to meet and exceed customer expectations
· Manages time appropriately so that production, quality, and delivery schedules are met.
· Interacts professionally with co-workers and vendors, understands internal customers, and strives to maintain good relations with others.
· Responds quickly to inquiries and follows up as needed.
· Embraces change to ensure overall success of the company.
· Must wear any/all PPE including protective gloves and boots, as well as chemical resistant suits and respirators as required.
Education, Experience and Skills
· High School graduate or GED equivalent.
· Must have ability to read and comprehend American English.
· Must have ability to read, interpret, and understand customer drawing, mylars and sketches as applicable to work being performed at ORIZON.
· Must become proficient in using the Syteline, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and the ORIZON Quality System.
· Must exhibit professionalism when dealing with subordinates and superiors.
· Must exhibit ability to troubleshoot and correct problems using problem-solving skills.
· Must have ability to follow written and verbal directions.
· Must have ability to apply basic math skills.
· Must exhibit interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Must exhibit attention to detail.
· Must have ability to handle stressful situations
· Must be cost consciousness when dealing with purchasing issues.
· Must be honest and ethical in all actions.
· Must have Motivational skills
· Presentation skills desired.
· Must have organizational and planning skills
· Must have Analytical skills.
· Must have Delegation skills.
· Must possess a positive attitude.
· Must be dependable.
· Must have demonstrated team building capabilities.
· Must have a demonstrated strong work ethic.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
This position will require an employee to work in both a factory and office environment. The site will contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed pathways. Working conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor with varying temperatures, and with various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc. The work environment characteristics described above are representative of what an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to perform the following physical requirements effectively, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must have ability to bend, twist and stretch arms above head and walk or stand for long periods of time.
· Must be able to lift and move heavy objects up to 40 pounds safely.
· Must have the ability to become proficient and certified, as required, with equipment used to maneuver and store large and/or heavy objects.
· Must have the ability to move parts in and out of accelerated cure ovens that operate up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
· Must be able to reach in all directions, handle and manipulate objects and materials
· Must be able to coordinate the movement of eyes, hands and fingers to operate machines and equipment
· Verbal communication with plant personnel and management
· Must have standard visual acuity (correctable by prescription glasses or contacts meets the requirement), including color recognition
· Must be able to hear with or without correction
· Effective use of telephone and other applicable electronic communication equipment
· Required to have ability to use verbal communication with plant personnel and management