Kustom Signals Electronic Technician A in Chanute, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12557641
Performs moderately complex technical functions related to the repair of KSI products. Act as a resource to other technicians and personnel. Must have a working understanding of networking services and common networking protocols. Support development engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, proto-type models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Conducts engineering/ development tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in general research work. Diagnoses and corrects electronic circuitry malfunctions. Assists in the development of electronic equipment. Provides design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed. May prepare instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test, modify, rework, and repair KSI products.
- Configure systems to customer requirements in a timely manner with a focus on quality and delivery.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, work instructions and layouts to perform routine testing and troubleshooting.
- Diagnose and isolate malfunctions down to component level.
- Conducts defined engineering tests and collect data as assigned.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering on layout and assembly procedures and problems.
- Recommend changes for product manufacturability.
- Evaluate and test software, firmware and hardware changes for quality product performance.
- Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications for design and performance reliability.
- Provide technical assistance in troubleshooting and resolving problems or question concerning KSI products to internal and external customers.
- Process necessary or relative paperwork i.e., service information, calibration certificates, stock transfers, packing slips, etc.
- Adhere to Electro Static Discharge process (ESD).
- Keep work area neat, clean, and orderly.
Equipment to be used:
Computer, soldering iron, de-soldering gun, small hand tools, basic test equipment, telephone, and personal protective equipment as required (PPE).
- Extensive knowledge of digital and analog circuitry.
- Experience testing digital and/or analog systems
- Solid computer skills. Ability to work with Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Excel and Word.
- Familiar with basic test equipment, i.e. spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, signal generator, power meters, etc., and computer software tools to implement engineering design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience with computer networking and networking protocols.
- Be able to read and understand technical drawings, schematics, and work instructions
- Interpersonal skills - very comfortable engaging at all levels of the organization; needs to be a self starter who can work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)