Neosho County Community College Biology Instructor in Chanute, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12595218
Reports to: Division Chair/Dean/Director
Organizational Unit: Faculty
Salary Range: \$40,950 - \$71,700 (See Negotiated Agreement)
Revision Date: July 2023
This position reports to the appropriate academic supervisor and is responsible for providing effective
classroom instruction. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide premiere quality service to all constituencies of the College.
2. Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. 30 credit hours of teaching (or the equivalent as determined by the Administration) per academic
2. Along with fellow instructors in the discipline create, improve, and manage course content and
curriculum including, but not limited to, syllabi and course textbooks.
3. Fully utilize NCCCs Student Learning Outcome Assessment System at the course, program, and
general education level and at the co-curricular level where appropriate.
4. Offer input to supervisor regarding class schedule.
5. Participate in all in-service educational programs designed for professional growth.
6. Attend all meetings called for faculty by the Administration.
7. Fully participate in up to two college committees or other duties as assigned by the Chief Academic
8. Fully utilize the college learning management system including regular grade updates, attendance
records, and electronic course materials, and on-time grade submission.
9. Fully participate in the departmental budgeting, purchasing, and inventorying process.
10. Fulfill the instructor professional development requirements found in the Negotiated Agreement.
11. Attend commencement exercises.
12. Participate actively in the student-advising program.
13. Post and hold a minimum of ten office hours for student consultation.
14. Spend a minimum of 35 hours per week at an assigned site not including the lunch hour.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor with the approval of the Chief Academic Officer.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
3. Organizing and coordinating skills.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
5. Excellent computer skills.
6. Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
7. Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
8. Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
9. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment.
10. Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
Meets Higher Learning Commission Instructor Qualification requirements.
3-5 years experience in community college instruction and/or discipline-specific work history
1. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
2. Typically no or very limited physical effort required, however, in some disciplines physical effort is
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references
unofficial transcripts, and employment application to:
Human Resources Director, Biology Instructor, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th
Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment application available at
Review of applications begins upon receipt.
NCCC is an EOE/AA employer
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at:
- The current non-discrimination policy can be found at: