Kustom Signals Assembler in Chanute, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12557631
Assemble electronic sub-assemblies, cable assemblies, and final product. Kit parts. Pack units as specified by customer orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work orders, follow production drawings, and/or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in fixture or other holding device.
- Crimp, stake, screw, bolt, rivet, solder, cement, press fit, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Solder component lead wires to printed circuit or route and connect wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and points.
- Assemble and attach hardware, such as nuts, screws, spacers, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and housings.
- Adjust or trim materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Perform visual inspection and limited testing to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Perform rework and repair work as specified to KSI documentation or verbal instructions.
- Modify printed circuit boards and electronic sub-assemblies per ECO or Deviation.
- Package finished products in proper packaging.
- Insure all accessories and paperwork are correct and packaged with product.
- Scan product to assure accuracy of filled orders.
- Assemble hardware kits following prescribed kitting process.
- Assist with inventory counts to insure inventory accuracy.
- Keep work area and work station neat and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment to be used:
Solder iron, de-soldering gun, small hand tools, hand-held scanner, hand truck, pallet jack and personal protective equipment where required.
- Able to apply common sense.
- Possess simple problem solving skills.
- Able to read and understand work instructions and work orders.
- Able to work with small components and small hand tools.
- Soldering and de-soldering techniques.
- Able to use a hand-held scanner.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Be detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in daily routine.
- Good interpersonal skills.