Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Sr Licensed Instructor in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE:Sr Licensed Instructor
LOCATION:Wolf Creek - Burlington, KS
PAY RANGE:15D - $94,000 - $125,300
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job may require additional hours as required.
This position will provide effective training and qualification activities for the line organizations. This includes training in the classroom, lab, simulator and plant environments. Training shall include, but is not limited to: License Initial, License Requal, Shift Technical Advisor and Nuclear Station Operator. This position will also support deliverables including program maintenance, program design, program development, and administrative functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek out and incorporate industry and site Operating Experience (OE) in the training environment.
- Reinforce management expectations and initiatives in the training environments including activities that support the company’s vision and mission.
- Deliver training in the classroom, lab, and on-the-job locations.
- Perform critical evaluations of trainee performance, which may include pass/fail determinations for qualifications.
- Establish a strong leadership role in the training activities, which includes providing the very best example of personal and professional performance of line activities and station standards.
- Support the corrective action programs in all phases of evaluations, performing corrective actions, and related administrative functions.
- Participate in analysis of training processes, proposing efficiency and effectiveness enhancements, and implementing enhancements.
- Design, develop, modify and review lesson plans to ensure information is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Generate test questions for subject matter being presented.
- Administer examinations to students.
- Develop personal teaching techniques that assure delivery of excellent training activities.
- Effectively solicit, administer, and evaluate trainee feedback and management observations toward improving the quality and effectiveness of training.
- Establish effective working plan to complete training assignments by established due dates at an excellent quality level.
- Provide feedback to line management based on instructor observations.
- Participate in industry and site benchmarking / self-assessment activities.
- Support activities associated with the conduct of vendor training.
- Assist in the maintenance of INPO accreditation for Operations training programs.
- Conduct special tutoring of students as required.
- Maintain SRO certification status.
- Maintain Examination Banks to the level of Objectives.
- Assist Operations Line Management in identification of performance problems and resolutions.
- Assist in the resolution of questions and problems arising from inspections, audits or corrective actions.
- Serve on Emergency Response Organization as assigned.
- Conduct training to ensure requirements established by operating license, technical specifications, and other relevant guidelines are met.
- Provide outage support to plant staff as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision/management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The position requires a high school diploma (or GED equivalent) and eight years nuclear operational or training experience.
- Additional desired requirements include a BS degree in Engineering or Applied Science.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR TESTING:
This position requires a current or previous RO or SRO license or certification on a PWR
- This position requires the ability to: read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format; effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- This position requires the ability to: apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- This position requires the ability to: define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position requires the ability to see clearly 20 inches or less, see clearly at 20 feet or more, identify and distinguish colors. Need to be able to recognize basic colors (ex. red, blue, green, yellow) to support simulator training.
This position requires the ability to work in a moderately noisy environment (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Sr Licensed Instructor
Requisition ID: NUC004D