Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation RPA Developer in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: RPA Developer
DEPARTMENT: Operational Analytics – Kansas City Headquarters
LOCATION: Kansas City, MO
RPA Developer: $54,100- $67,600
RPA Developer II: $66,200- $82,700
Sr RPA Developer: $74,900- $99,800
Lead RPA Developer: $88,100- $117,500
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Developer you are inquisitive, technically curious and are motivated by solving complex problems. You are a purposeful, scrappy individual who responsible for applying practical skills to create hybrid machine learning and rule-based models. You will help transform how people, processes and systems co-exist from project discovery through solution implementations. Our goal is to simplify the way in which we do business by combining Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and analytics to digitize manual tasks that ultimately improve processing accuracy, speed, consistency and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, configure, test, deploy and maintain reusable Robotic Process Automation (RPA) scripts and frameworks designed to replicate manual administrative processes.
- Partner with Business Analysts to lead internal stakeholders to identify opportunities by analyzing and understanding data and mapping processes.
- Document technical designs, release notes, and other project documentation to support development, security, operations, and maintenance.
- Iteratively collaborate across colleagues, customers and third-parties during product development and QA to make sure it fits design and solves business problems.
- Deploy projects successfully and problem-solve issues that arise in day-to-day running of automation processes and provide timely responses and solutions as required.
- Help develop standards and best practices for RPA including governance, operating model and solutions.
- Collect and interpret data, analyze results and report findings to internal or external stakeholders.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor other members of the RPA community
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Data Engineers and Data Scientists in the Operations Analytics team to achieve common goals.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Engineering, or related fields
- Entry level candidates through highly experienced candidates will be considered for this role, with the ideal candidate having at least two years of related experience.
- Hands on experience on with RPA tools and Cognitive platforms such as Uipath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere etc., preferred
- Programming or development experience (R, Python, Java, .Net, C#, Visual Basic, etc.) preferably on automation and/or integration projects. Java experience a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or similar applications a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Background in machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts and strong debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with ability to extract key themes and determine root causes.
- Ability to assimilate disparate information (structured data, unstructured data, log files, error messages etc.).
- Ability to work on basic-to-moderately complex programming assignments. General understanding of APIs, command line, client server architecture, networks, and (S)FTP
- Ability to participate constructively in work teams to facilitate and implement improvements to operations, maintenance and business practices.
- Ability to understand business process workflow diagrams or procedural documentation.
- Exposure to methodologies like Lean, Six-Sigma and Agile development, preferred.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues and third parties.
- Perseverance to handle multiple priorities, meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure on individual and team related basis.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Valid driver's license required.
Conditions will vary between office and field environments. Time will be spent in an office as well as the field environment with hands-on work. Travel will be required to support field personnel. Additional overnight travel may be required. Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance. Work may require additional hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: *RPA Developer *
Requisition ID: CHI001V