Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Quantitative Analyst in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE:Quantitative Analyst, Senior Quantitative Analyst, or Lead Analyst
REQUISITION ID: FOS0014
DEPARTMENT: Generation Resources – Topeka General Office
LOCATION: *Topeka, KS
*Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
*Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Perform market simulations and develop nodal power market price forecasts using PROMOD in support of development and management of existing assets, and proposals involving energy commodities.
- Run sensitivity analysis with varying parameters including load, fuel prices, outages etc.
- Provide transmission congestion analysis and basis outlook in regional power markets.
- Analyze market, historical and fundamental data to perform model backcast analysis to validate forecasting results for accuracy.
- Develop proprietary modeling tools and methodologies to effectively assess evolving markets and the impact on company asset and non-asset business ventures.
- Articulate and present model inputs/outputs in a clear and understandable format to management and external customers with market analysis and assessments of market impacts.
- Successfully identify or screen opportunities involving market or operational risk in support of company marketers and traders.
- Lead or support technical, quantitative, and analytical short to mid forecasting Evergy projects using cost production models to provide nodal power price (locational marginal price), renewable integration studies, and market rule impact assessments.
- Conduct Evergy RFP valuations and opportunities and make recommendations based on modeling and/or statistical analysis.
- Forecast valuable transmission nodes and path for financial transmission instruments and non-financial reliability reasons.
- Assist with fuel and interchange budgeting.
- Assist with four sets of fuel clauses related efforts.
- Modeling to support jurisdictional rate cases.
- Assess the impact of transmission flows on existing and future assets with focus on reliability efforts
- Identify, suggest and improve company generation and transmission planning opportunities via recommendations from market modeling simulations capabilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Effective oral and written communications skills are a must.
- Analyst or Senior Analyst: Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, or an equivalent discipline with a strong emphasis in statistical analysis, finance, computer modeling or problem solving. A master’s degree or PHD in a technical field or certification such as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is preferred.
- Lead Analyst: Master’s degree in finance, business, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics or an equivalent area with a emphasis in statistical analysis, finance, computer modeling or problem solving. A PHD in a technical field or certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred.
- Minimum of 6 (Senior Analyst) or 8 (Lead Analyst) years of experience working in energy or commodities trading, integrated resource planning, finance, origination marketing or system development.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Experienced person with transmission modeling and transmission flow analysis
- Experience in working with cost production models (PROMOD IV, AURORA or other nodal models)
- High level quantitative, analytical skills with an understanding of U.S. power market structures and fundamentals
- Proficiency in Excel, and scientific programming languages such as Python or R
- Ability to manage voluminous amounts of data with ability to visualize data and identify pattern trends
- Understand how to do a decomposition of market prices and structured deals
- Knowledge and application of machine learning as needed
- Strong statistical background with ability to design develop new predictive/analytical modeling tools
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: None
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job: *Energy Trading/Power Marketing
Title: Quantitative Analyst
Requisition ID: FOS0014