Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Energy Resource Analyst in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Energy Resource Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Energy Resource Management - Kansas City Headquarters
LOCATION: Kansas City, MO
Energy Resource Analyst I: $48,200 - $60,300
Energy Resource Analyst II: $59,000 - $73,800
Sr Energy Resource Analyst: $74,900 - $99,800
Lead Energy Resource Analyst: $88,100 - $117,500
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Job may require work outside normally scheduled hours.
- Perform analyses to support the Company’s long-term resource plans.
- Use production cost modeling software to develop price forecasts and evaluate resource economics.
- Evaluate and model market drivers that define Company risk exposure.
- Support internal customers with analyses, recommendations, and presentations to inform decision making.
- Provide expertise, analysis, and reports to support regulatory filings, studies and responses to requests from regulatory agencies as well as Integrated Resource Planning efforts.
- Work on other analytical and research projects.
- Sr. / Lead: Act as a mentor and leader within the broader Energy Resource Management team – training and developing other analysts and managing projects independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing large amounts of data, and properly documenting sources and assumptions.
- Testing and benchmarking the accuracy of forecasts and validating data inputs and outputs.
- Analyzing modeling results and effectively communicating findings to decision makers.
- Developing subject matter expertise on wholesale electricity market fundamentals, reliability considerations, regulatory developments, power plant and fuel economics, renewable energy and new technologies.
- Working collaboratively with other groups in the Company and external contacts, including software vendors, and consultants.
Education and Experience:
The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, engineering, business administration, economics, finance or other technical field. Advanced degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in analytical processes and an advanced ability to solve complex problems, utilizing a variety of analytical tools and models. Experience in an energy marketing field, particularly in generating resource economics and wholesale electricity markets and experience with simulation models is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience gathering data, handling large datasets with programs such as Python, R, or SAS.
- Attention to detail in validating inputs and outputs and ensuring robust modeling techniques.
- Experience with or interest in learning production cost models or electricity market modeling software such as PLEXOS.
- Ability to develop analytical tools to understand data, including producing statistical analysis, charts, and graphs in Excel or other programs.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork skills to gather information from other groups within the company, resolve issues, and communicate findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop polished presentations, reports, and workpapers to convey results of analyses to various audiences.
- Knowledge of and interest in building expertise in risk factors affecting the Company’s resource plan, including potential legislative, regulatory and environmental rule changes, technology developments, and changes to regional demand or supply.
- Interest in automating existing processes around performing simulation studies, reporting results and validating assumptions and model output. Experience using tools, such as SQL, Visual Basic, and Access, to automate processes and improve accuracy and productivity.
Working Conditions: Office and home working environment. Must have excellent work record including good attendance. Occasional travel may be necessary.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job: *Power Plant/Generation
Title: *Energy Resource Analyst *
Requisition ID: STR0011