Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Electrician Journeyman in Burlington, Kansas
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Journeyman Electrician
DEPARTMENT: Coal Fired Plants
LOCATION: Jeffrey Energy Center, St Marys, KS
PAY RANGE: $42.90
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Evening and Weekend as needed
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIANS"shall be responsible for and have the knowledge, skill and ability to install, inspect, dismantle, repair, adjust and reassemble all manner of plant equipment such as generators, regulators, control and power wiring, lighting, controls, switch gear, motor starters, etc. Journeyman electricians will be responsible to and report to the Maintenance Supervisors/Foremen."
Education and Experience Requirements:
This position requires a minimum five years experience as an electrician in an electrical generation facility or other heavy industrial facility, or similar military electrical experience comparable to an electrician level. Requires successful completion of a certified electrical apprenticeship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Must have working knowledge of medium voltage (up to and including 4160V), 3-phase electricity.
• Must have knowledge of the use of electrical test equipment, maintaining AC/DC circuits and equipment, maintaining circuit breakers, motor control centers and transformers and PLC familiarization is also desired.
• Applicants should also be able to troubleshoot electrical circuits and read and update wiring diagrams and prints.
• Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of working with a lock out tag out system.
• Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
• Must be able to identify different types, gauges, and color of cables and wires.
• Must be able to work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. Works at heights, climbs ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required:
This position requires successful completion of the MASS/POSS aptitude test.
The work is performed in all weather conditions ranging from hot to cold. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots. The successful applicant must live within a 50-minute drive time of Jeffrey Energy Center.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Electrician Journeyman
Requisition ID: GEN005G