Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Data Analytics in Burlington, Kansas
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE:Data Analytics
*DEPARTMENT:Customer Analytics – Topeka General Office
PAY RANGE:Data Analytics I: $46,400 - $58,000
Data Analytics II: $56,800 - $71,000
Sr Data Analytics: $72,000 - $96,000
Lead Data Analytics: $84,800 - $113,000
Scheduled Work Hours:Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Analytics, this position is part of a team devoted to customer intelligence reporting, automating business processes, and predictive analytics. Working within a Center of Excellence model, this position will build cross-functional relationships to iteratively collaborate, simplify processes and develop innovative analytical and automation solutions with the goal to improve accuracy, speed, consistency and reliability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with internal and third-party stakeholders to identify opportunities by analyzing and understanding data and processes.
• Ability and desire to use statistical programming languages, preferably R or Python, and database querying languages like SQL as well as query data from NoSQL databases
• Work closely with a team of Data Science and Data Analysts staff to take existing or new models and convert them into scalable analytical solutions Design, develop, and test solutions to automate processes, activities, and tasks leveraging programming languages and available platforms to deliver operations efficiencies.
• Document technical designs, release notes, and other project documentation to support development, security, operations, and maintenance.
• Iteratively collaborate across colleagues, customers and third-parties during product development and QA to make sure it fits design and solves business problems.
• Deploy projects successfully and problem-solve issues that arise in day-to-day running of automation processes and provide timely responses and solutions as required.
• Collect and interpret data, analyze results and report findings to internal or external stakeholders.
• Identify patterns and trends in data sets and work alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs.
• Possess the ability to hunt down opportunities to acquire new data from other systems so additional datasets can become information in further processing by data scientists
• Collaborate with Data Engineers and Data Scientists in the Customer Analytics team to achieve a common goal.
• Represent Customer Analytics on internal committees and the company on analytics and automation working groups.
• Develop ad-hoc queries and reports as needed.
• Follow company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
• Perform other work as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, Engineering, or related fields highly preferred
• Entry level candidates through highly experienced candidates will be considered for this role, with the ideal candidate having at least two years of related experience.
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, SQL Developer, or similar applications a plus.
• Programming or development experience (R, Python, Java, .Net, C#, Visual Basic, etc.) preferably on automation and/or integration projects a plus.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
• Inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
• Strong debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with ability to extract key themes and determine root causes.
• Ability to assimilate disparate information (structured data, unstructured data, log files, error messages etc.).
• Ability to work on basic-to-moderately complex programming assignments. General understanding of APIs, command line, client server architecture, networks, and (S)FTP
• Ability to participate constructively in work teams to facilitate and implement improvements to operations, maintenance and business practices.
• Working knowledge of SQL, including: Ability to write and optimize complex queries and joins, aggregation, indexes, and transactions
• Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues and third parties.
• Perseverance to handle multiple priorities, meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure on individual and team related basis.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Valid driver's license required.
Conditions will vary between office and field environments. Time will be spent in an office as well as the field environment with hands-on work. Travel will be required to support field personnel. Additional overnight travel may be required. Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance. Work may require additional hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Data Analytics
Requisition ID: EVE0021