Golden State Foods Human Resources Assistant - Ark City in Arkansas City, Kansas
KanPak®, a golden state foods company, is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of the very best beverage, yogurt and dessert solutions. Aseptic technology is at the heart of many products we create, allowing all KanPak® products to ship and store without refrigeration for up to 12 months, but it’s our state-of-the-art beverage manufacturing capabilities and exceptional customer service that really set us apart from competitors.
Coffee beverages, creamers, yogurt, frozen desserts, and specialty beverages – no matter what kind of product you’re looking for, we can deliver. Our aseptic processing and packaging makes our solutions more convenient, efficient and environmentally friendly.
We are seeking an energetic, skilled Human Resources Assistant for our facility in Arkansas City, KS.
Hours: Monday – Friday – Flexible between 6am-5pm; occasional off-shift responsibilities.
The HR Administrator is the primary point of contact for most associate queries. Provides administrative support to human resources and safety as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and project completion). Performs a variety of other HR administrative / generalist duties as assigned.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that associate perform other duties as assigned.
• Process exempt and non-exempt payroll each week. Data entry, timesheet corrections, vacation request processing.
• Leads on-boarding process by completing all necessary activities (i.e. prepares and processes new hire paperwork, coordinates and completes weekly new hire on-boarding training, building access.)
• Assist with staff recruitment efforts – job fairs, online advertisement creation etc.
• Maintains open communication channels with associates and management team by answering related questions; explaining benefits, policies and procedures and escalating issues/questions to other HR members as needed.
• Assists HR and Safety efforts by coordination meeting, preparing materials, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, coordination of meals, organizing work; relaying messages etc.
• Maintains I-9, personnel, benefit, and medical files.
• Maintains the uniform program.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects KanPak by keeping associate information confidential.
• Associate event planning / Golden State Foods Foundation event assistance.
• Employee relations / conflict resolution.
• Process various paperwork, including: associate DBL, PFL leave requests termination paperwork etc.
• Organize and conduct GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) activities.
• Conduct presentations and trainings; maintain training database.
• Reception duties - answer phones, greet visitors
• Other Human Resources related activities as assigned.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
Minimum – High School diploma or GED.
Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline preferred.
SHRM-CP or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification highly desired.
Bi-Lingual (Spanish / English) highly desired.
Minimum one-year experience with responsibility for administrative duties in a fast-paced environment.
Two or more years administrative experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Human Resources experience / exposure highly valued.
Must be a results-oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
Intermediate to expert PC skills using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe) and other various computer systems.
Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, attention to detail and meet deadlines.
Basic understanding of federal and Kansas State employment laws including but not limited to OSHA, ADAAA, COBRA, EEO/AAP, FMLA, FLSA, and Workers’ Compensation desired.
Working knowledge of UltiPro or similar HRIS system is preferred.
KanPak, LLC encourages diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Applicants only; No Recruiters please. KanPak, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. KanPak will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.
Job ID 2021-8478
Category Human Resources